Valentine’s Day With Your Partner – Even if You Have Kids!
Think back to the first few Valentine’s Days with you partner – you know… pre-kids. Maybe you had an awesome date planned, or maybe you spent a carefree evening at home together.
Now your thoughts go to what needs to be done, especially if Valentine’s day falls on a school night. Must get homework done, dinner for the kids made, bath and bed.
Here is the thing – so often we as women tend to lose a sense of who we are when we have kids. We are fighting to feel like a woman again and not just a mom. A big part of that is rediscovering your relationship with your partner. Valentine’s Day is a perfect day to do that!
So make it what you want it to be! Spend some time talking with your partner about what the perfect night would look like. It may be a night alone after the kids go to sleep, or bringing the kids in on the fun and making a special family night, or maybe you are lucky enough to have a babysitter! Here are some fun ideas!
Valentine’s Day with Your Partner (once the kids are asleep!)
- Dine Alone! Once the kids are asleep order a delivery meal that you both love and enjoy a quiet (aka – no kids fighting) meal. Great thing is no cooking and dishes!
- Spa Night! I have a great little foot spa (cost no more than $20). We fill it with hot water and smelly soaps, drink wine and give each other massages.
- Question Books – There are so many great question books for people in relationships. It is fun to sit and ask each other questions and rediscover each other. Of course, add some yummy snacks and drinks into the mix.
Valentine’s Day With the Whole Family
- Get Crafty – Go Pinterest crazy and make a ton of V-day Crafts!
- Movie Night – Snuggle up on the couch with some heart shaped cookies and have a family movie night.
- Heart Hunt – Fun version of an easter egg hunt. Hide cut out paper hearts with sweet sayings on them.
Whether you celebrate Valentine’s Day alone with your partner or plan a family night with the kids – just remember it is about building the relationships with the ones around you!